Wow - Again, We're Noticed.

Gotta Start Watching My Big MouthAmazing - whereas my experience so far was that not a controversial (or non-controversial) thing I said or wrote made even a dent on anything because our community (and yours truly, as well) is constantly being (deliberately or not) overlooked, we seem to have been raising a few eyebrows lately here and there. Good news - although I'd just as well have us continue being ignored so I can continue to let stupid things fly straight out of my big mouth and coming off as justifyably indignant.
This, however, is now (in my opinion) no longer the case. Whereas I've been rather comfortable with the fact that no matter what we tried, our little (now ten-headed after all - meaning: I count Tom too, of course) initiative was never mentioned in summaries, and the consequently very pleasant situation that I got to bitch and moan and speculate about media conspiracies and sabotage through systematic silence, truth is, slowly people are looking. And listening. And - quite rightly so - commenting on that big mouth of mine.
This time round, it's Reinder Dijhuis on the Waffle blog. Quote:

---

Speaking of Probeersel, their main man René van Densen said some things about the project in the group's blog some weeks ago that I think were wide off the mark (originally in parentheses):

I can't completely agree with his picks since they reveal mainly a focus on 'established pros' and fairly little on new-and-upcoming-talent, the latter of which are actually lately pulling in the much larger visitors' numbers as it seems - like Reasons Why We Rule, Monkey Business, the PC Weenies, etc.,...

I will reserve judgment on the quality of these comics, but of the three that René mentions, two have hit counters. The counter for Reasons Why We Rule shows respectable numbers, but not exactly mass popularity. Likewise with the counter for PC Weenies which has been counting since 2000. The first PC Weenies strip dates from 1998, which means it's older than most of the work in the exhibit. I suppose that that's interesting in its own right. (The newest comic in the exhibit started in 2003, but there is an emphasis on older work dating back as far as 1993, because it's, like, a chronologically-based exhibit in a museum)

Anyway, while I did include some of the big webcomics names in the exhibit, that wasn't the only or indeed the most important criterion for inclusion and never will be. But since René brought it up...

---

He's right - what can I say ? I blabbed my mouth off at 9 AM on a Sunday (which was actually somewhere in the afternoon since 1: I don't get up that early and 2: the blog's still set in US time I think), probably while trying to motivate myself to get up and git ta drawin' while still groggy from sleeping, and I also based it off the few pictures he's shown us in his articles thusfar. Which are rather specific picks that I immediately wrote down my opinion of. I haven't seen the exhibition, I had no further inside knowledge, and I just blurted it out - but, it was in our COMMUNITY's blog instead of my own lil' place. So he's right, he's right. I should really start watching my mouth from here on. We're starting to get scrutinized, little by little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plagiarism is bad

We need to hear from you. Please read this carefully.

advice?